The canal towpath is open to cyclists, but watch out for the bumps and narrow sections.
- Alert walkers by ringing your bell and always give way to walkers.
- The towpath is often only 1m wide, and can be wet and uneven. Take extra care. It is being upgraded and widened in sections.
- Dismount at all road crossings, bridges, aqueducts and blind bends and at canal weirs, including cobbled weirs.
- Tandem bike users – please be aware that you will need to dismount and lift your bike through the gates, as they are not wide enough to cycle through.
- Do not speed, speed causes accidents!