Scottish Canals are currently looking for an Administration Assistant to join our busy team in Ardrishaig on a seasonal basis and provide support over our busy summer season. Duties of the administration assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative duties.
Main duties will include:
- Accurate and timely processing of SC short-term customer paperwork, working to defined business standards
- Making meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems
- Reception and front of house duties, welcoming internal and external customers.
- Providing excellent frontline customer service, in person, in writing and by telephone
- Assist with event management – collating responses, hiring equipment and liaising with marketing department
- Daily review of office financial transactions and entry onto master spreadsheet
- Actively support and participate in canal events and customer forums, including Boat Shows and other marketing events. Delivery of presentations may be required.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Cash handling
- Excellent attention to detail
We are looking for someone who is able to co-operate with, influence and support team members, including those at a more senior level, both within and outside the main function, including other business units and national support functions. Judgement regarding the prioritisation of your own work and upward referral of issues to line management for further guidance will be daily occurrences.
The role is offered on a seasonal basis, from March – September, and attracts a salary of £16,950.00 per annum. In addition this, Scottish Canals offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 33 days (pro-rata to length of contract), as well as contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and discounted shopping vouchers.
If you are interested, please send an application form and copy of our equal opportunities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org. These can be found in the related information section at the bottom of this page. If you require any assistance with your application, or require a modified version, please contact HR at 0141 354 7530, or at recruitment@Scottishcanals.co.uk