Scottish Canals is looking for a Front of House Assistant to join the team at our brand new Caledonian Canal Centre in Fort Augustus. If you’re interested in tourism, travel, international visitors, events, food & drink, boating and outdoor activities, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The purpose of this role is to provide 5* service to all customers to the Caledonian Canal Centre, welcoming them and assisting with information queries and purchases, ensuring they have a memorable experience during their visit. The role will cover all front of house duties within the Caledonian Canal Centre, with the ability to cover kiosk/gift shop/information desk/café. As a key customer service position, the Front of House Assistant should be friendly and welcoming while they serve visitors to the centre.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver excellent service to all customers
- Serve customers, helping with purchases, upselling where appropriate, assisting with any information when requested
- Be the first-point-of-contact to Scottish Canals customers either in a face-to-face capacity, or via telephone/email etc
- Receive, check and process deliveries, updating stock systems
- Take payment for goods, process sales using EPOS system and monitor and maintain appropriate stock levels
- Serve hot and cold drinks and snacks and present and display food/retail offerings effectively
- Provide local tourist information to customers and assist with enquiries
- Encourage continuous improvement through sharing knowledge, experience and best practice with colleagues
- Work within required rota patterns, and cover for other members of staff, providing support as required
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness within and around the Caledonian Canal Centre, ensure all areas are clean, tidy and hazard free and meet required standards
To be successful in this position, the following skills and experience are required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- Ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- Keen to work across various disciplines (gift shop, café, tourism, events, etc)
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in busy environments
- Sense of own initiative with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to the role
The role is offered on a permanent basis and attracts a salary of £16,950.00 per annum. Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 33 days rising to 38 after 5 years (inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, childcare vouchers, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
To apply, please complete an application form and send this to email@example.com. Application forms can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of this page. Please also return an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form with your application.
If you require assistance completing this application form or require a modified version, please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0141 354 7530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 22nd February 2018
Due to the volume of applications we receive each year, regretfully we are only able to contact candidates who have been successful for interview.