Scottish Canals is looking for a Front of House Team Leader to lead the team at our brand new Caledonian Canal Centre in Fort Augustus. If you’re interested in tourism, travel, international visitors, events, food & drink, boating and outdoor activities, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Visitor Experience Coordinator, the Front of House Team Leader will manage all customer-facing teams and ensure the smooth running of visitor operations and experiences.
This role is fundamentally important in managing all front of house staff at the Caledonian Canal Centre. You will set the standard and ensure staff exceed visitor expectations at all times. Customer care is of primary importance. You will manage and influence the visitor journey from first engagement until they leave, satisfied with their experience.
Training, mentoring and leading front of house staff is key for this position, in order to create a visitor experience team who greet, engage, enthuse, excite and inform all visitors and who “go the extra mile” to make a visit to The Caledonian Canal Centre exceptional.
Key responsibilities include:
- Food hygiene compliance and labelling
- Raising purchase orders, checking invoices/profit margins, implementing pricing changes
- Ordering of stock & stock taking/recording and management of supplier relationships
- Creating/maintaining/updating staff rota and cleaning schedules
- Annualised hours administration
- Responsibility for legal records for alcohol sales/temperature checks/VAT coding
- Responsible for setting up of customer-facing displays
- Meeting reps and agreeing prices for suppliers
- Costing – ensure appropriate gross profit for all items sold
- Waste documentation & control
- Basic marketing and promotions
- Ordering and compliance of staff uniforms/PPE
To be successful in this position, the following skills and experience are required:
- Ability to co-operate with and support colleagues
- Use of initiative in applying and maintaining high levels of customer service
- Good judgement regarding upward referral of issues to line management for further guidance
- Keeping brand standards at highest level
- Line management experience
- Experience of working within a high-quality, high-volume public venue, retail or hospitality environment
- Computer literate
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- Keen to work across various disciplines (gift shop, café, tourism, events, etc)
- Good time management and organisational skills
The role is offered on a permanent basis and attracts a salary of circa £21,000.00 per annum, dependent on experience. Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 33 days rising to 38 after 5 years (inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, childcare vouchers, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please also return an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form with your application. This form can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of this page.
If you require assistance completing this application form or require a modified version, please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0141 354 7530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 22nd February 2018
Due to the volume of applications we receive each year, regretfully we are only able to contact candidates who have been successful for interview.