Scottish Canals are looking for a Junior Sous Chef to join our team at our brand new Caledonian Canal Centre in Fort Augustus!
We are looking to appoint a keen and motivated Junior Sous Chef to work alongside a dedicated catering team in our new Caledonian Canal Centre. The successful candidate will have the ability to meet and achieve preparation and food delivery deadlines, especially within peak season, with a flexible attitude to working hours.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Deputise for the Sous Chef when required
- Food preparation as required
- Working alongside the front of house team to ensure the smooth running of the Caledonian Canal Centre Cafe
- Ensuring health and safety records are kept up to date.
- Managing food purchase and storage
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Be aware of the food preparation level during busy and quiet times.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Catering
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Good communication and team working
- Highly organised with excellent planning
- Able to work under pressure in a high-paced environment
- A full driving licence
The role is offered on a permanent basis, working an average of 37 hours a week on a 5 out of 7 rota, attracting a salary of £20,626 including allowances. Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 33 days rising to 38 after 5 years (inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, childcare vouchers, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a copy of the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This form can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of the page.