Working alongside our dedicated catering team, we are looking to appoint a keen and motivated Chef de Partie to work in the kitchen and outdoor catering facilities at The Falkirk Wheel and The Kelpies. The successful candidate will have the ability to meet and achieve preparation and food delivery deadlines, especially within peak season, with a flexible attitude to working hours.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Running of the kitchen in the Head chef/Sous chef absence
- Ensuring health and safety records are kept up to date
- Managing food purchase and storage
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
- Assist in the creation of new menu ideas
- Work with the catering team to ensure the smooth daily running of the café and outside areas
- Assist in the training of other members of the team
- Manage the food preparation level during busy and quiet times
- Manage food purchase and storage
- Assist with the management of outdoor events
- Ensure outside catering areas, airstream and pizza oven are operational and prepared for service
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Catering
- Previous experience of working in a similar role for a minimum of 1 year
- Experience of large volume catering preparation
- Good communication and team working
- Highly organised with excellent planning
- Able to work under pressure in a high-paced environment
- A full driving licence
This is a permanent role, with a competitive salary which will be discussed at interview. In order to provide the service our customers require, both weekend and evening work is required on a rotational basis over 7 days.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a copy of the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This form can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of the page.
Closing date: Thursday 11th January 2018