Scottish Canals is looking for casual Cleaning Staff to join our Holiday Boat team at the Falkirk Wheel during our busy summer season. The holiday boats consist of 19 narrow beam canal boats, operated for 3 holiday hire companies.
Our pace, personality and people make us amongst Scotland’s top visitor attractions. If you’re interested in tourism, travel, international visitors, events, boating and outdoor activities, then this could be the perfect job for you.
The main duty of the role is the cleaning of all Holiday Boats, to a 5 star standard. This will include:
- Cleaning kitchens, including ovens, jobs, fridges, units and crockery and cutlery
- Inventory of all items and replacement where necessary
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Making up beds as directed and ensuring all linen is in an acceptable condition
- Cleaning windows and mirrors and vacuuming carpets and furnishings
- Ensuring upholstery, mattresses and curtains are refreshed before the start of the new season
- Informing the Front of House Manager of any issues or defects
For this position we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- Good time management and organisational skills
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role
Some previous cleaning experience would be advantageous but all training necessary will be given.
Scottish Canals are a Living Wage employer, meaning that our hourly rate is £8.78. The roles are offered on a casual basis, with weekend working required.
If you would like to be considered for a casual job, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also return an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form with your application, which can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of this page.
If you require assistance completing your application, please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0141 354 7530 or at email@example.com.
Closing Date: 26th April 2018
Due to the volume of applications we receive each year, regretfully we are only able to contact candidates who have been successful for interview.