We are looking for a M&E Technician, specialising in Electrical Inspection and Testing, to join our team based at our location in Dochgarroch. The salary offered for this role will be between £22,000 pa to £28,000 pa plus allowances.
Scottish Canals also offer a generous annual leave entitlement of 33 days, rising to 38 after 5 years(inc. public holidays), along with enhanced sick pay, childcare vouchers, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution.
This position is suitable for someone experienced in electrical inspection and testing of both domestic and industrial instalations, who is used to working with their hands having an aptitude for problem solving and has a flexible and proactive approach to work.
Both in-house and external traininng is provided for familiariastion and role specific requirements and additional training could be available for the right candidate who does not meet all the relevant criteria.
Working as part of a team maintaining a high level of operational integrity for the Caledonian Canal by providing comprehensive service in inspection & testing as well as carrying out repairs and improvements, throughout the Caledonian Canal, ensuring that work undertaken is completed to defined standards.
This role will involve working outside ensuring that the customer experience is maximised by providing outstanding levels of customer service whilst maintaining a professional approach at all times. The M&E Technicians role is to contribute to the inspection, reporting, repair, conservation and improvement of the waterway for customers, local communities and visitors to enjoy. At all times working to defined standards the you will enhance the reputation of the waterway, as a valued national asset, and support Scottish Canals in its aim to improve safety and increase the number of people using the waterways
Day to Day tasks for the role include:
- Working on your own and together in small teams with both modern equipment and historic structures, carrying out inspections and repairs relevant to your own trade to a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, civil and electrical assets.
- Assistening other trades, outwith your own trade, in the work above where required.
- Working to NICEIC standards recording findings of inspections and updating maintenance records.
- Participate where agreed and required in the standby rota in order to support the delivery of customer service and deal with emergency situations as and when necessary.
- C&G 2391-50 & 2391-51 or C&G 2391-52 or equivalent is essential.
- C&G/SVQ or equivalent level 3 minimum, level 4 preferred in relative engineering discipline.
- HNC (or equivalent experience) in an Electrical discipline and/or relative work experience at technician level for minimum of 5 years.
- Completion of a recognised electrical apprenticeship
- C&G 2382-12 17th edition (Amd. 3) – Preferred.
- Full UK driving licence
- High level of Health & Safety awareness
- Must be able to work within a team environment and whilst lone working have the ability to judge safety and appropriateness of equipment and resources in line with defined standards and procedures
- Computer literate, experienced in the use of microsoft office applications
- Effective communication skills and a high level of awareness in respect of customer service levels coupled with being able to co-operate with and support team members
- Experience of working on multi disciplinary systems is preferred
- Positive and proactive approach to work
The role is being offered on a permanent basis, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday with participation in a standby rota as required.
To apply: Please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org