Scottish Canals are looking for a Visitor Experience Co-Ordinator to join our team at some of Scotland’s busiest tourism destinations!
Together, The Falkirk Wheel and The Kelpies welcome over one million people each year, who enjoy our world-famous boat trips, sculptures, gift shops, cafés and street food stalls.
We need someone to ensure we are always performing at our absolute best; someone who enjoys engaging visitors, has a passion for excellent customer care and has a drive to exceed expectations. You will be will be enthusiastic and engaging, creating memorable experiences for all visitors, encouraging repeat visits.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- Engaging visitors and ensuring the highest standard of customer service and visitor experience
- Management of a variety of customer-facing touch points, including events, food and retail services
- Empower and influence others in the team to work to defined quality standards
- Ensure visitor expectations are met and exceeded and all staff are completely committed to customer service
- Responsible for visual merchandising within the visitor centre
- Responsible for range of goods, price points and profitability of the ranges
You will motivate people in an empowering, involving and participative way; leading, training, developing and inspiring teams of visitor attraction staff to deliver a 5* experience.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational and leadership skills
- Experience of leading and managing a team of client-facing staff in a high quality environment (similar high-volume public venue, retail or hospitality environment)
- High level of personal presentation with an eye for design and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and professional manner
- Computer literate
- Creative approach to problem solving
The role is offered on a permanent basis, working an average of 37 hours a week on a 5 out of 7 rota. We offer a competitive salary alongside employee benefits such as contributory pension scheme, shopping discounts and generous annual leave entitlement. Salary will be discussed at interview.
Please note that this role will involve weekend working, as well as some evenings, and will participate on a Shift Manager rota.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, along with a copy of the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This form can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of the page.
If you require assistance completing your application, please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0141 354 7530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 26th January 2018
Due to the volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to contact candidates who have been successful for interview.