Scottish Canals is looking for casual Bankside Operatives to join our Holiday Boat team at the Falkirk Wheel during our busy summer season. The holiday boats consist of 19 narrow beam canal boats, operated for 3 holiday hire companies.
Our pace, personality and people make us amongst Scotland’s top visitor attractions. If you’re interested in tourism, travel, international visitors, events, boating and outdoor activities, then this could be the perfect job for you.
Key duties will include:
- Support the Operations Manager to maintain and keep all hire boats, equipment and inventory in a satisfactory conditions. This could include general maintenance, refuelling, pump out, and driving of the boats.
- Support the Front of House Manager to ensure all hire boats are prepared to a high standard
- Ensure all boat interiors are maintained effectively
- Assist with the turnaround process ensuring customers experience an efficient and friendly service
- Work with the Operations Manager to manage boat movement on turnaround days
- Ensure 5 star quality customer service
- Be involved in creating and maintaining effective stock recording
- Promote the holiday boats through networking and liaison with all relevant bodies, organisations and agencies
- Help develop and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and ensure Holiday Boats give excellent customer care
For this position we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- Good time management and organisational skills
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role
DIY skills such as painting/plumbing and woodwork would be advantageous, along with some boating experience, however full training will be given.
Scottish Canals are a Living Wage employer, meaning that our hourly rate is £8.78. The roles are offered on a casual basis, with weekend working required.
If you would like to be considered for a casual job, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also return an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form with your application, which can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of this page.
If you require assistance completing your application, please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0141 354 7530 or at email@example.com.
Closing Date: 26th April 2018
Due to the volume of applications we receive each year, regretfully we are only able to contact candidates who have been successful for interview.