Scottish Canals is looking for Boat Operatives to join our team at the Falkirk Wheel during our busy summer season.
Our pace, personality and people make us amongst Scotland’s top visitor attractions. If you’re interested in tourism, travel, international visitors, events, boating and outdoor activities, then this could be the perfect job for you.
Key duties will include operating the boats, informing and entertaining customers participating in the boat tours, general maintenance and husbandry of the vessels, as well as day to day delegated operational duties.
For this position we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing with the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role
- A valid Boat Masters licence would be advantageous, as well as complete Helmsman training
Scottish Canals are a Living Wage employer – details of this will be discussed at interview. You will work on a rota which includes weekends and bank holidays, with a variety of full and part-time opportunities available.
If you would like to be considered for a seasonal job, please complete an application form and send this to email@example.com. Application forms can be found in the Related Information section at the bottom of this page. Please also return an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form with your application.
If you require assistance completing this application form or require a modified version, please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0141 354 7530 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 26th January 2018
Due to the volume of applications we receive each year, regretfully we are only able to contact candidates who have been successful for interview.