Scottish Canals has significantly upgraded our CCTV system at key destinations across our 137 miles of canal network. These major upgrades help us with the following:
- Navigation as detailed in the Transport Acts 1962 and 1968 as amended.
- Water safety and management.
- Crime prevention, investigation and detection.
- Increased apprehending and prosecution of offenders.
- Risk management and environmental concerns.
- Increase in public safety and public reassurance.
Our CCTV Code of Practice Policy explains how the system will be operated, view the policy here.