Dust down those milk cartons and sharpen those wetsuits: the Canal Festival and Raft Race is back!
Join us at Edinburgh Quay to enjoy the Canal Festival and to defend our racing titles or, in some cases, attempt to regain street cred by not sinking.
As tradition now has it, we will once again have a full Canal Festival with music, stalls and activities, organised by Re-Union Canal Boats.
Sign up soon if you’d like to take part in the Raft Race – it’s rapidly becoming known as one of the most entertaining events in Edinburgh’s calendar and there are limited boat spaces!
There’s plenty for you and the family to enjoy:
Free Boat Trips
- Canoe Taster Sessions
- Market Stalls
- British Science Association
- Canal Community Mural
- Botany and Beasties
- Edinburgh Printmakers
- Face Painting
- Bouncy Castle
- Pony Rides
- And loads more!
- If you’d like to have a stall for your local group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’d like to bring a food stall, email email@example.com
- If you’d like to play music, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a great idea, or can volunteer to help on the day please contact Pat :email@example.com or 0131 261 8529.
The Edinburgh Canal Festival is a not-for-profit community event co-ordinated by Re-Union Canal Boats, who work with a wide range of community groups and local businesses. The festival is sponsored this year by City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Canals and EDI; and supported by Mearns & Co and Big House Events.
Please Note: Edinburgh Quay will be extremely busy on this day so boat movements may be restricted.