We provide policies to provide a safe, healthful workplace, protecting the environment, conserving energy and natural resources. With these policies in place we believe that we can achieve a healthy and safe environment.
We are committed to do and will:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained with the appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- The Falkirk Wheel is dedicated to the practice of sound environmental stewardship and promotion of health, safety and wellbeing of our employees. These values originate at the company’s top management and are emphasised through all levels of responsibility within the organisation.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the community where we operate, and correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment.
- Conserve natural resources by adopting pollution prevention practices.
- Extend the life of equipment through preventive maintenance scheduling.
- Develop and improve operations and technologies to minimise waste, and other pollution, minimise health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Participate in recycling to the greatest practical extent to reduce impact on landfills and promote recovery of valuable resources.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy when feasible.
- Purchase local products where we can.
- We use environmentally friendly paper hand towels.
- We use environmentally friendly office stationery where we can.
- We have installed energy efficient hand driers.