The towpath on the Forth & Clyde Canal at Bonnybridge will be temporarily closed from 8am-4pm on Tuesday 4th May until 4pm on Thursday 6th May.
This is to allow our operations team to undertake essential to remove a fallen tree.
Please follow the diversions through to Bonnybridge
- Take the path to the left
- Follow up to Glasgow Road (A803)
- Turn right and follow along to the mini roundabout
- Turn right and follow into Bonnybridge and the high street
- At the mini roundabout towards the end of the high street turn right (Bridge Street)
- Follow up until you reach the lift bridge
- You can re-join the towpath to you left
Please follow the diversions through to Underwood Lock 17
- Please follow the road down to tour right into Bonnybridge (Bridge street)
- At the Mini roundabout turn left into the high street (A803)
- Then follow straight up through the high street over 1 mini roundabout until you reach the second roundabout (A803) approximately 1 mile
- Take the first exit left onto the Glasgow road (A803)
- Follow along towards Glasgow until you see direction arrow pointing left approx. 50 meters passed the (LOC hire site which is on your right side)
- Follow down (underwood farm road) until you rejoin the towpath at the bottom
We will update this page and our social channels as works progress.