On the 18th January 2018, the “Nancy Glen” a fishing boat out of Tarbert, Loch Fyne, was tragically lost to the waters of the West Coast. One fisherman survived but the two other crew members, Skipper, Duncan MacDougall and crew member Przemek Krawczyk, did not.
A crowdfunding campaign to raise the boat and return the bodies of the crew to their families is currently underway and it’s raised more than £230,000 so far – can you help?
We are holding a raffle to encourage people to donate to the campaign.
Here’s how it works:
- Donate whatever you can on the Just Giving Site here
- Send a screen shot as proof of entry that has your name and the amount you’ve donated with the text “Scottish Canals raffle” to Helen.Cunningham@scottishcanals.co.uk
- You’ll then receive one raffle number by email for every £10 donated
- We’ll hold the draw on the 1st April 2018 electronically using a random picker
- Winners notified by email
- A 2 week licence for use on any Scottish canal
- Crinan Canal return transit
- Trip for 4 on The Falkirk Wheel including lunch to a value of £40
- Free entry for 4 to The Kelpies
- Others to be announced
Donate to the campaign and enter the raffle here.