The towpath on the Forth & Clyde Canal at Bonnybridge will be temporarily closed from 8am-4pm on Tuesday 4th May until 4pm on Thursday 6th May.
This is to allow our operations team to undertake essential to remove a fallen tree.
Please follow the diversions through to Bonnybridge
- Take the path to the left
- Follow up to Glasgow Road (A803)
- Turn right and follow along to the mini roundabout
- Turn right and follow into Bonnybridge and the high street
- At the mini roundabout towards the end of the high street turn right (Bridge Street)
- Follow up until you reach the lift bridge
- You can re-join the towpath to you left
Please follow the diversions through to Underwood Lock 17
- Please follow the road down to tour right into Bonnybridge (Bridge street)
- At the Mini roundabout turn left into the high street (A803)
- Then follow straight up through the high street over 1 mini roundabout until you reach the second roundabout (A803) approximately 1 mile
- Take the first exit left onto the Glasgow road (A803)
- Follow along towards Glasgow until you see direction arrow pointing left approx. 50 meters passed the (LOC hire site which is on your right side)
- Follow down (underwood farm road) until you rejoin the towpath at the bottom
We will update this page and our social channels as works progress.
Look back at the updates during the Crinan Canal planned winter works programme for 2022/23