Our next phase of towpath upgrade works will run from Monday 11th January to Thursday 31st March.
Works to improve our towpaths will be carried out at a number of locations across the canal network. To ensure the safety of all towpath users and our contractors, please obey signage and follow any instructions given onsite.
Unless otherwise noted below, towpath diversions are not required and there will be escorted passage through the works.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this period, and hope all towpath users will enjoy the benefits of the improved towpaths.
- Crinan Bridge
Forth & Clyde Canal
- Stockingfield Junction
- Balmuildy Road, Bishopbriggs
- Twechar to Auchinstarry
- Auchindavie to Twechar
- Falkirk, Lock 16 to The Falkirk Wheel – LED lights installation
- Helix, Glensburgh (LED lights installation)
- Falkirk to Reddingmuirhead
- Winchburgh to Broxburn – there will be a localised diversion; please follow the contractor’s signage
- Ratho to Hermiston