We’re looking for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to get involved in Scotland’s first ever Youth Urban Games in North Glasgow on Satuday 25th August, celebrating Scotland’s Year of Young People 2018.
Whether it’s providing a warm welcome to participants and spectators, hosting sessions or clearing up after the event, there are loads of great volunteering opportunities for you to get involved with on the day, including:
- Buddying up with our camera crews who will be filming and editing the event and broadcasting live across two giant screens on the day
- Shadowing a video crew who will be filming short clips for social media
- Helping on the registration desk for athlete sign-up, information and programme details
- Supporting the event management team to ensure athletes perform on time and the programme runs smoothly
- Buddying the AV crew to look after the live music stage (sound engineering)
- Handing out festival programmes, litter picking & undertake research questionnaires
- Helping the social media team to post Instragram, Twitter and Facebook updates throughout the day
The event runs all day but don’t worry, there are three volunteer slots to choose from – all day (9am til 5pm), morning (9am til 12noon) and afternoon (12noon til 5pm) – please email email@example.com and let us know what suits you.
We will provide a range of sandwiches and soft drinks at lunchtime – although we can’t guarantee to cater for all dietary requirements – and any necessary equipment, including hi viz vests, litter picks etc. If you volunteer to help with social media, you will need your own phone.
Please come to the marquee in the Youth Urban Games Arena at the top of Sawmillfield Street (off Garscube Road), G4 9SA at either 9am or 12 noon – please email and let us know which time first though so we can cater for you!
We expect the weather to be dry but this is an outdoor event so please come suitably dressed with comfortable footwear and a rain jacket just in case. There won’t be anywhere to leave bags so please only bring what you can carry.
Any questions, please call Carol Bell on 07918375842 or John McGowan on 07717178320.
We look forward to seeing you there!