Entry to the event is free of charge but access will be restricted according to how busy the site is.
Access to the Youth Urban Games is via Sawmillfield Street only.
Access to the Glasgow Canal Festival is via Applecross Street, Bairds Brae and Speirs Wharf.
Youth Urban Games: Specifics
What time do the doors/gates open?
Events are running from 10.00am – 5.00pm. Gates will open at 10am.
What is the last time we can arrive by?
You can arrive until 4.15pm on Saturday 25th August, no entry will be permitted after this time.
Can we leave and come back in again?
Yes, depending on how busy the site is.
Your attendance constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Bags may be checked at the entrance to the event arena. No alcohol is allowed on site.
- You enter the event arena at your own risk. The Event will not be held liable by you for any loss, injury or damage sustained within any arenas unless found to be negligent.
- In the event of customers leaving the site, re-entry will only be permitted if current numbers allow it.
- Children aged under 10 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. All children remain the responsibility of their parents & guardians and not the Event. Although the event is aimed at young people aged 8-26, we understand that families with younger children will attend the event. As with any event, certain areas of the site(s) will be extremely busy and it is recommended that these areas are not appropriate for young children, including buggies and pushchairs.
- Wheelchair access is available, however access may be restricted or difficult to negotiate in some areas on site(s). Please contact us in advance of the Event (email@example.com) if you have any specific access requirements in relation to the Event, otherwise it may not be possible for us to meet your needs. A disabled viewing area will be in place.
- Where necessary, we reserve the right to make alterations to the published Event or programme. Artists and billed attractions are subject to change.
- We reserve the right to refuse you entry to, or eject You from the Event in reasonable circumstances including for health and safety reasons; if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event; if You use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if you are found in possession of any prohibited item or substance; if in Our reasonable opinion You are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- As part of our safety and security plan, the security team undertake general searches of all people entering. This is done for the safety and protection of all. Bags are allowed, but only up to A3 size.
- We reserve the right to confiscate any item, which in our reasonable opinion may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the Event or is one of the items not permitted as listed on the Event website. Without limitation, the following may not be brought into the Youth Urban Games Arena: animals (except for assistance dogs); Any recording or transmitting equipment (including professional cameras with lenses of 6 inches or more); pyrotechnics or fireworks; Distress flares & flares; smoke bombs; laser pens; flags on poles; glass containers; items which may be regarded as weapons; illegal substances; legal highs (Inc. nitrous oxide); tables; chairs of any sort, including stools, floor seating and shooting sticks; barbeques and any kind of cooking apparatus; gazebos and parasols. Food hampers/cool bags/boxes; alcohol; large (golf) umbrellas; Bicycles, scooters, roller skates; drones.
- Without limitation, the following may not be brought into the Glasgow Canal Festival and Youth Urban Games Village: Any recording or transmitting equipment (including professional cameras with lenses of 6 inches or more); pyrotechnics or fireworks; Distress flares & flares; smoke bombs; laser pens; flags on poles; glass containers; items which may be regarded as weapons; illegal substances; legal highs (Inc. nitrous oxide); tables; chairs of any sort, including stools, floor seating and shooting sticks; barbeques and any kind of cooking apparatus; gazebos and parasols, alcohol; large (golf) umbrellas; Bicycles, scooters, roller skates; drones.
- Food and drink will be available for purchase at the event.
- Anyone attending the event under the influence or in possession of alcohol will be refused entry
- Drugs are no more legal at the Youth Urban Games as they would be any other place, any one found to be in possession of or under the influence of illegal substances will be refused entry to the event and passed to the Police.
- You must comply with all instructions given to you by us, Event staff and stewards.
- By attending an Event, You give your express consent to Your likeness to be included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be used in any media for any purpose at any time including for promotional purposes. This includes filming by the police or security which may be carried out for the security of customers or the prevention of crime.
- You may be prosecuted if you cause damage to the Venue, the Venue infrastructure, or cause harm to any other person at the Event.
- All elements of The Event are outdoors, on grass and concrete. You are strongly advised to bring appropriate clothing and footwear to protect against potential inclement weather.
- Please follow the instructions of police and stewards at all times. In the event of an emergency you may need to evacuate part or all of the site/venue. Please follow directions to the safest exit, leaving as quickly and safely as possible.
- You must observe safety signage and requests from event management at all times.
- Event Organisers reserve the right to make alterations to the event or advertised arrangements made necessary by unavoidable cause.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Scotland.
- Further conditions of entry may be displayed on entrance to the event arena.
Warning — Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage to your hearing. Please note that pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting or other special effects may take place during some performances.
Please respect our neighbours and their privacy.
Please place your waste in the recycling points provided.