Scottish Canals believes CCTV is an essential tool in enhancing navigational safety, public reassurance, crime detection and prevention of crime.
Scottish Canals’ CCTV Policy
Scottish Canals has significantly upgraded our CCTV system at key destinations across our 141 miles of canal network. These major upgrades help us with the following:
- Navigation as detailed in the Transport Acts 1962 and 1968 as amended.
- Water safety and management.
- Crime prevention, investigation and detection.
- Increased apprehending and prosecution of offenders.
- Risk management and environmental concerns.
- Increase in public safety and public reassurance.
Our CCTV Code of Practice Policy explains how the system will be operated