#CanalCareful Schools resources
We are looking to engage with primary school children to educate and inform of the dangers of Scotland’s canals, and to encourage children to enjoy the canals responsibly.
Our campaign focuses on: STOP, THINK, ACT
STOP – pause for a moment to take in your surroundings
THINK – are there any visible hazards? Could there be any hidden dangers? Is what you are about to do safe?
ACT – continue only if it is safe to do so. Do you need move to allow others to pass? Is it safe to go into the canal to fetch a football?
Our three mascots are Daft Duck, Healthy Hedgehog and Kind Kingfisher – you’ll see them promoting safety throughout our campaign.
We have created some resources which you might find useful to share with your classes.
How to engage with our campaign:
- Download our schools resource pack containing worksheets and poster
- Display posters in and around the school
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share any pictures of completed worksheets or #CanalCareful moments with us
- Use the hashtag #CanalCareful when sharing content online
- Request #CanalCareful stickers for your class
- Watch our #CanalCareful video here
For more information, or to request stickers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org