Motorhomes at The Falkirk Wheel
Stay at The Falkirk Wheel
Motorhomes are welcome to stay overnight at The Falkirk Wheel and witness The Wheel's spectacular light show during the darker hours.
We don't currently accept pre-bookings for overnight stays, however our Upper Deck car park has plenty of space. All you need to do is check in at the Visitor Centre reception during opening hours where our team will explain the facilities we have available along with our overnight regulations.
All overnighters are entitled to 20% off breakfast in our cafe - the perfect start to your day.
Rules and regulations
- Vehicles can only park overnight with our agreement. Vehicles are left at owners' own risk. Scottish Canals cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to vehicles or property.
- Only self-contained motorhomes are permitted.
- Motorhomes should park in our Upper Deck car park (as signposted) only, unless otherwise agreed.
- No tents/camping/awnings are permitted.
- All rubbish must be bagged and placed in the red bins within the car park area.
- Barbeques are not permitted within our grounds.
- Designated overnight area is not equipped for power or lighting, however we do offer access to welfare facilities (showers, washing and drying machines and elsan point) which requires a refundable £20 cash deposit for the key. These facilities are located at the rear of our New Port Downie Building (white building inside main entrance gates).
- Main gates and the swing bridge over the Forth and Clyde Canal are closed at 20:00 and re open at 06:00 every day. Access can be given outwith these times by contacting security.
- Scottish Canals reserve the right to refuse entry or ask visitors to leave at any time.