On Wednesday 10th November 2021, Scottish Canals hosted an event at the Scottish Government COP26 Climate Ambition Zone. Here you’ll find information about the event, our panel, media coverage and what you can do to join the conversation using #CanalsDoNetZero.
At the event
The Minister for Zero Carbon Buildings and Active Travel, Patrick Harvie MSP, and Scottish Canals’ CEO, Catherine Topley, connected Europe’s first dynamic canal system to the inaugural housing development in North Glasgow.
The announcement followed the panel discussion where Patrick and Catherine were joined by Scottish Water’s Karen Dee, Professor Sebastien Chastin from Glasgow Caledonian University, and Vanessa Gilpin, owner of Gathering Ground community interest company.
Find out more about our panel members from the eventOur panel
Hear from our event attendees
Join the converstaion
Let’s keep this important conversation going.
Did you like what you heard or have some follow up questions?
A number of our panel are active online sharing their ongoing work linked to themes discussed at our event.
From health inequality, to economic growth to regeneration and community involvement you can continue to engage with them on social media using #CanalsDoCop26.
- Patrick Harvie MSP, Minister for Zero Carbon Buildings, Active Travel and Tenants’ Rights @patrickharvie
- Catherine Topley, CEO of Scottish Canals, @c_topley
- Cllr Susan Aitken, Leader of Glasgow City Council, @SusaninLangside
- Sebastien Chastin, Professor of Health Behaviour Dynamics Glasgow Caledonian University, @SebChastin
- Vanessa Gilpin, Founder Gathering Ground, @GatheringGroundCIC
- Karen Dee, Wastewater Service Strategy General Manager, @Scottish_Water