Official complaints procedure
We look after the varying needs of the broad range of customers who live, work and play on and around our canals.
Table of Contents
Scottish Canals’ official complaints procedure
It is our job to satisfy the varying needs of the broad range of customers who live, work and play on and around our canals.
To do this we have a customer service statement which is our promise to you about what you can expect when you contact us:
- We will be welcoming, courteous, fair and respectful at all times.
- We will always be helpful, informative and responsive and will communicate with you clearly.
- We will let you know what we can provide and whom to contact within our company.
- We will promptly answer all telephone calls within office hours. Outside office hours, or when we are particularly busy, we will have an answer machine for you to leave a message.
- We will respond to all written correspondence, including emails, within 20 working days. If we feel that your query requires more detailed research we will acknowledge your letter within 20 working days and indicate timings for a more detailed response.
- If you are not satisfied with how we have responded to you, you can ask for this to be reconsidered as part of our formal complaints process.
In return, and to help us deliver the highest standards of service, we ask that you are courteous and respectful to our employees and help us to help you by providing us with the information we require. Our Unacceptable Actions Policy can be found here.
Full details of our Customer Complaints procedure can also be downloaded below.
Customer Complaints Procedure
Scottish Canals is committed to providing excellent levels of service, and we always try to meet the expectations of our customers and visitors.
We welcome your feedback – please let us know where our services and facilities can be improved or where expectations have not been met.